Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Specialist, Senior to work from the VA facility in Austin, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
The Contractor shall perform support services within the ITOPS IO Security Management Division. This division is charged with establishing a centralized security program to address security with ITOPS IO’s projects. Some security tasks are currently accomplished utilizing various tools, technologies, and processes that are not standardized across ITOPS (i.e. AITC, HITC, PITC, QITC, CITC, Regional Data Centers, Business Partner Extensions, External Cloud environments). Not all IT security functions are currently managed under a standardized set of processes and technologies or in a centralized format. In some cases, more than one process exists for a single function, i.e. access requests. In other cases, while a process or security system exists, its use is not commonplace at all applicable sites.
ITOPS IO Systems Access Monitoring will implement a uniform process for access monitoring across the datacenters and data storage facilities. This identity monitoring solution is to consolidate existing monitoring solutions from IBM and Bull Mainframes, Active Directory, Unix LDAP and DMZ Microsoft and UNIX systems. This solution will incorporate the centralization of access monitoring within the existing Active Directory domains, DMZ’s, mainframes, wireless, network devices, storage area networks, applications, portable devices, and the various virtualization architectures that currently exist in ITOPS IO and VA.
In support of these efforts, the Contractor shall work in a variety of mainframe areas such as z/OS and z/VM operating and systems software, IBM mainframe hardware. In addition the Contractor shall work closely and communicate with all levels of management, end users, programmers, analysts, database, and network administrators to provide security tasks including access monitoring, technical writing, and mainframe security for ITOPS IO mainframes and systems
- Oversee and administer ITOPS IO role-based, security, individual accountability, certificate management, controlled sharing of data, data classification, extensive auditing and reporting, decentralized or centralized administration, administer security through Transaction Server Operation (TSO), batch, Customer Information Control System (CICS), Information Management System (IMS), CA Identity manger and CA Web Administrator for up to Top Secret classifications.
- Oversee and monitor environments including z/OS UNIX and mainframe LINUX and RACF.
- Monitor and present security concerns to VA counterpart on IBM and Bull systems, other ITOPS IO platforms and the CA-Top Secret application in all ITOPS IO environments.
- Ensure customers of the IBM and Bull Mainframes and related systems have the appropriate access and least privileged access to complete their duties and responsibilities.
- Conduct audits and provide metrics to VA data center or facility senior management for approximately 350 systems.
- Review performance of the software security systems and provide recommendations to VA counterpart for improved performance annually.
- Manage security incidents, analyze risks, and restore data as required after incidents for approximately 100 security incidents per year.
- Review and recommend updates to ITOPS IO security policies for the IBM and Bull Mainframes
- Respond to customer requests and ITOPS IO data calls.
- Follow established ITOPS IO change order processes.
- Document procedures for all security requirements in accordance with the provided VA established guidelines and regulations.
- Create or review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for mainframe security against VA and ITOPS IO regulations annually.
- Develop and produce reports on a quarterly basis
- Keep mainframe security documents up to date by utilizing ITOPS IO standard software and other ITOPS IO supported tools on an annual basis. Documents may include configuration instructions, specifications, hardware and software requirements, implementation plans, version description, and interface requirements/guide, administrative support guide, troubleshooting guides, user/analyst guide and physical and logical layer diagrams as necessary.
The ITOPS IO Access Monitoring group relies on advanced tuning of existing IT security products to monitor, detect, protect, and forward critical security alerts to the ITOPS IO Technical Security group, Enterprise Service Desk (ESD), and Information Security Officers (ISOs) on alerts related to VA compliance policy violation and any other IT Security related issues that needs attention during normal working hours and after hours
Maintain the ITOPS IO Authorization to Transfer Sensitive Data (ATSD) process. All changes shall be provided to COR/VA PM or VA stakeholder for review and approval.
The Contractor shall provide audit management support approximately yearly Office of Inspector General, Internal Revenue Service, Government Accountability Office, and Payment Card Industry related audits.
Perform ITOPS IO Risk Register tasks on a weekly or as needed basis
Perform ITOPS IO Findings Management activities
Perform ITOPS IO Security metrics development and reporting activities on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis depending on the report window and for approximately 10 ad-hoc reports per week. All changes shall be provided to COR/VA PM or VA stakeholder for review and approval
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline plus 10 years of experience is required. An additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for education.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.