A Senior Technical Writer/Editor must have experience in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention. Must have experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools. Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation. Must have experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
Technical Writer/Editor Sr. supports health, financial, benefits. And corporate programs for US Veterans globally. Concise documentation for robust software, sound processes, and program documentation are critical to ensuring delivery of the services provided by VA programs. The Contractor shall support the implementation of new projects and upgrades to existing projects by developing and delivering technical documentation for the project and facilitating collaboration by establishing meeting locations, shared workspaces, agendas and meeting records. The Contractor shall utilize currently installed IOSS Program documentation tools such as; Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and ITOPS IO templates to support project documentations. In support of this effort, the Contractor shall be required to update or create project documents including project installation, modification, administration support guide, version description, interface requirements/guide, administrative support guide, troubleshooting guide, user/analyst guide, physical and logical layer diagrams, and other necessary project documentation. All documents shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for review and acceptance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline plus 10 years of experience.
- 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Write change tool procedures.
- Review Change Management documents (e.g., written instructions, SOPs, training materials, bulletins) for consistency, clarity, gaps in understanding or logic, style, formatting, grammar and punctuation.
- Create final PDF files for signatures and publishing.
- Work with Knowledge Management team to get articles published.
- Create the process for Change Management documentation, from using a template to start the document to publishing on SharePoint and Knowledge Base.
- Work with templates, creating and/or improving.
- Write and review training decks.
- Some SharePoint development/administration
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.