The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for a Data Modeler for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
In this role, you will report to the Data Driven Operations (DDO) Lead under the Innovations Team to support the creation of data models, including those with specialized or complex requirements.
- Provide support to data assessments and data analytics.
- Develop, manage, and update a common data model for the Integrated Data Architecture, which will include source to target mapping and development of a logical data model. The common data model will be in the Elastic Common Schema (ECS) format.
- Evaluate existing data systems to develop strategies for integration into an integrated data architecture.
- Lead design reviews of data models and other relevant metadata to ensure consistency, quality, accuracy and integrity.
- Provide feasible paths to support GSM-O II Operations and Innovations, including the goals of AI Operations.
- Work closely with solution architects, data analysts, database administrators, and engineers concerning the mapping of data schemas and will be making recommendations, designing referential integrity, and ensuring business requirements are satisfied.
- Support the Data Cleansing Data Governance Process from Data Modeling perspective
- Consult with application programmers and database users concerning how to use the database as designed and how to navigate efficiently within the database.
- Work with the development team to create conceptual data models and data flows.
- Develop best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system.
- Review modifications of existing systems for cross-compatibility.
- Implement data governance strategies and developing data models.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of related experience or Master’s Degree with 2 years of related experience. Additional experience considered in lieu of degree
- DoD SECRET Clearance.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with logical, physical and relational data modeling.
- Ability to adapt to new modeling methods.
- Experience with ElasticSearch.
- Expert knowledge of metadata management and related tools.
- Sufficient experience using database systems.
- Experience with SQL language and implementation.
- Knowledge of mathematical foundations and statistical analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in structured/unstructured database architectures.
- AWS (cloud) knowledge/expertise.
- Experience interfacing with the appropriate Government organizations for support, regarding innovations and communications requirements.
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers, systems engineers, data engineers, system stakeholders, and the Customer.
- Motivated to learn new technologies, contribute and apply systems engineering methodologies.
- System design and development experience.
- Integration of systems experience.
- Familiarity with more than one modeling tool such as Erwin, PowerDesign, Enterprise Architect, Oracle Designer.
- Experience with knowledge representation in Graph databases, e.g. Neo4J
- Data Management certification (i.e. offered by Data Management Association, Certified Data Management Professionals (DAMA CDMP)).
- Agile Methods.
- Experience working with Network Operations Data and toolsets.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.