Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Analyst, Expert, to work remotely from your home office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission. The mission of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Service Management Office (SMO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available and cost-effective information technology services. SMO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
An Expert Program Analyst must have knowledge in how to plan, report, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of operating programs. Must be able to use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and business processes. Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations. An expert PA must be able to effectively manipulate data to present program status and make recommendations on improving business processes. Must be able to create new methods of gathering and analyzing source data as well.
This Program Analyst, Expert will analyze the reports and performance data of the VA data and help to make strategic decisions. The candidate must have knowledge in how to plan, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs. Must be able to use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and business processes.
- Strong background in Information Technology platforms/applications
- Ability to work closely with business and IT teams to gather input to support ongoing business needs for configuration, implementation and support. As new requirements emerge, the candidate is expected to quickly assess the situation and recommend and/or implement solutions aligned with application architecture guidelines.
- Lead the team through identification and negotiation of product scope and schedule.
- Identify, track and mitigate execution roadblocks and technical risks.
- Lead and drive internal, cross-functional teams to meet customer milestones and deliverables.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders in product planning, development, and validation activities.
- Coordinate team communications and reviews.
- Track and report status vs. objectives throughout the lifecycle of the program. Utilize documentation tools such as; Microsoft Word, Visio, MS Project, Microsoft SharePoint and templates to support project documentations.
- Update or create project documents including project installation, modification, administration support guide, version description, interface requirements/guide, physical and logical layer diagrams and other necessary project documentation.
- Develop, deliver and maintain technical documentation in written and/or electronic format to include but not limited to SOPs, installation guides, process flows, illustrations, diagrams, and reports.
- Create and potentially deliver presentations with charts and illustrations for management and clients.
- Leverage best practices for design of user interfaces and experience.
- Write reports detailing suggested changes and improvements for new and existing applications.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college in a business discipline with 15 years of professional experience; or 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Interpersonal communication
- Technical communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies
- Ability to gather critical information and develop complex solutions using best practices and emerging technologies.
- PMP Certification
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.