The Leidos NISC III program within the Civil Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC III) team. Position will provide technical support to the Federal Aviation Administration's Fuel Storage Tank (FST) National Program Office in areas of storage tank regulatory compliance and operations at the headquarters office in Washington, DC.
Specific duties include:
- Fuel storage system design • Analysis of related mechanical systems and equipment.
- Coordination of planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility.
- Plan and formulate the engineering program; review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications. • Evaluate and approve design changes, specification and drawing releases.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Provide technical and professional assistance to the FAA FST National Program Office (NPO) in areas of storage tank regulatory compliance and operations as coordinated through the Service Area FST Project Implementation Manager (PIM). • Support FAA Projects involving propane, diesel, gasoline, and waste oil AST and UST systems, inclusive of all piping and controls.
- Provide plant engineering recommendations and prepares engineering designs to assure fuel systems meet National Airspace System (NAS) operational standards.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding configuration, component selection and placement, and risk mitigation for operation of tank systems.
- Prepare and maintain documentation supporting system designs, specifications, procedures, drawings and project manuals.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Candidates with varied levels of fuels experience will be considered.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Competence in work and continued ability to provide sustained customer satisfaction with work.
- Technical aptitude and ability to complete work on time and align with program milestones for work provided.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Problem solving ability with assignments of moderate scope and complexity
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.