Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The NISC program is seeking an Environmental, Occupational Safety, and Health Professional. This professional will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Program. In this position, the selected candidate will identify hazardous workplace conditions and take preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances. The employee will participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures to remove hazards and protect FAA employees. The employee will also be responsible for development and presentation of training courses to FAA employees which address various environmental and safety topics.
Other duties may include:
- Provide support to the FAA necessary to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal, state, and local occupational safety and health regulations, FAA Orders, and standard provisions of applicable FAA labor agreements,
- Work with FAA field personnel and FAA EOSH program officials to ensure that all required records are maintained.
- Conduct environmental and safety inspections or assist in the inspection of FAA facilities associated with environmental or safety program areas including inspections conducted by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Investigate, prepare, and forward, as required, reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Assist FAA personnel in promoting a safety culture within the FAA workforce.
- Interact with federal and state agencies to ensure regulator EOSH compliance.
- Conduct employee training in environmental and safety program areas.
- Inspect Personal Proactive Equipment and Fall Protection Equipment.
- Conduct Radiation Surveys, Asbestos Assessments and environmental and industrial hygiene sampling.
- Inspect underground fuel storage tanks.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Environmental, Safety and Health Matters in assigned areas.
- Requires BS and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2 years of experience. Additional years of experience and/or industry certifications may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Strong Occupational Health & Safety background.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.