Leidos is a Top 10 Health IT provider drawing on decades of success in delivering solutions to meet the healthcare challenges of today. Our unique position as a technology company with deep health and life sciences expertise equips us to transform patient care, as well as provider and payer operations in commercial and government health organizations. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We’re looking for talented people to join our team and help us revolutionize the future of health.
Leidos is seeking a dynamic Storage Engineer to support operations and activities for Production and Test Systems.
- Interfacing with teams and key VA customers, (VX130, CDW, OEHRM, VINCI) in order to determine hardware system requirements (i.e., requests for new servers or access to servers), Trouble shoot issues, document system configuration changes and ensure system/hardware changes are tested.
- Developing documentation required for environment updating and approved changes while adhering to Systems Authority To Operate (ATO) definition and controls.
- Generating high-level system (server, SAN, network) requirements based on stakeholder needs and ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined
- Documenting/diagraming hardware system requirements for both existing and new hardware systems hosting data (i.e., what servers are linked to what SANs, volume configurations)
- Designing new hardware systems to integrate into existing system hardware architecture in efficient/cost effective manner (i.e., to what SAN should a new server be connected, should new servers be clustered) to facilitate the current environment ability to adapt to data and user growth while reducing system failure points.
- Generating hardware acceptance test cases, together with the appropriate teams, to determine that all of the high-level requirements have been met and hardware has been implemented/configured properly
- includes the following:
- HP 3PAR Storage Arrays 20800, 8400, and 7400
- HP, EVA and Management Console
- HP Virtual Library System (VLS) arrays
- HP re-branded Brocade Fiber Channel SAN switches and Brocade Director X6.
- NetApp Storage Arrays and expansion, particularly the FAS8040 series and AFF300 arrays
- Tegile hybrid and all flash arrays
- Pure storage all flash arrays
- HP Storage Essentials and Report Optimizer software, for detailed and customizable performance and usage metrics and analysis, particularly for hosts, switches, and EVAs
- Brocade Network Advisor for switch monitoring and performance metrics
- HP System Reporter particularly for 3PAR performance metrics
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- 7-10 years system administration experience
- Knowledge and experience with storage arrays including HP, Pure, Tegile, Netapp, and WSS
- Knowledge of data warehouse server, storage and networking architecture and systems, and experience with diagramming/documenting these types of systems
- MS Server 2016/2019 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7)
- MS Hyper-V
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.