Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a Test Engineer to support our operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings. The Test Engineer will be responsible for assisting in research studies and analyses to determine the biomedical response of humans to stressors identified in the special warfare, undersea, diving, and submarine environments.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Install, configure, and debug any issues with laboratory setups used to perform testing of chemical sensing systems.
- Establish standard operating procedures for the safe and effective operation of said chemical testing setups.
- Test and characterize the above mentioned chemical testing setup.
- Test and characterize handheld, wearable and passive gas detectors using the above mentioned chemical testing setup.
- Establish standard operating procedures for the above mentioned gas testing equipment based on the results of the testing.
- Characterize the operation of the above mentioned handheld chemical testing equipment at hyperbaric and hypobaric pressures. `
- Collect, organize, and perform routine data analysis, and verify/correct data entry.
- Maintain clear and accurate inventories and logbooks; collect and record detailed observations about experiments.
- Assist with preparation of technical reports, summaries, posters, data presentation, and protocols.
- Conduct literature searches on identified topics relevant to current laboratory practices/protocols.
- Provide support for scheduling and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Maintain compliance with established laboratory health and safety guidelines, as well as established methods/procedures.
- Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0800 to 1630.
- Some offsite travel (~10%) may be required for data collection efforts, presentations, etc.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, physics, or mathematics with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Candidates must have documented evidence of research methods experience (Bachelors thesis or course work in research methods).
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, PHI/PII compliance, etc. is highly desired.
- Foundational knowledge of MATLAB, LabView, Tableau, JAVA or Python is desired.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Office proficiency and working knowledge of statistical software preferred.
- Skills should include a foundational and theoretical understanding of general scientific principles.
Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.