Leidos is currently looking to hire a Systems Engineer, Senior to support our IBD-SS contract in Huntsville, AL. Oversee the planning, design and implementation of system engineering projects. Must be able to provide clear technical direction to team members as well as train and mentor other Engineers. Ability to provide clear instructions to Sub-contracting companies regarding scope of work. Must have a current and active Secret clearance. Ability to work from home somedays during the week.
• Review existing Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) programs and provide solutions to issues usually related sustainment engineering, including investigating root causes of errors or failures, identifying alternatives for end of life components, and creating and maintaining documentation.
• Manage the full life cycle of mission systems with a focus on sustainment engineering to support existing systems by researching, reviewing design, assisting procurement, cataloging, installing and maintaining of Force Protection Systems.
• Collaborate with logistics and operations support team members, government customers, and vendors to facilitate operational improvements and provide reach-back support to perform troubleshooting, maintenance, documentation distribution, sparing, and health reports
• Experience addressing diminishing manufacturing sources and materiel shortages
• Experience writing technical documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and creating training materials.
• Experience preparing Engineering Change Proposals (ECP)
• BA/BS with 5-12+ years of experience (15 total years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree.)
• Must have active and current US Secret security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.