Leidos has an opening for a Electrical Engineer in Sterling, VA. We are looking for a hands-on engineer who enjoys designing, building, and testing hardware systems in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated team that is committed to supporting our warfighters. If you are searching for challenging electrical engineering work and a rewarding career, contact us at Leidos today!
Develop COTS based ruggedized IT products DOD application
- Develop electrical product architectures and designs that leverage COTS electronics
- Conduct analysis and testing of electrical systems
- Develop tests plans, conduct tests, and document results
- Manage small to medium sized engineering projects
- Work closely with the Leidos Production team and external vendors
- Must be a US citizen and ability to obtain Security Clearance
- Proficiency with Electrical Schematic Capture and Layout CAD design tools
- Familiarity with electronics including relays, transistors, resistors, capacitors and microcontrollers
- Experience specifying and integrating COTS electronics into industrial or military environments
- Ability to develop test plans and procedures of electrical systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 8-12 years of applicable experience or Associates Degree with 10+ years applicable experience. Additional relevant/specialized training and experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree; including experience as credentialed subject matter expert or recognized specialist in relevant field.
- Hardware design experience for Navy Shipboard applications
- Experience with Microcontroller programming
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.