Leidos is seeking a Senior PC Technician/Help Desk Support for the US Army Corps of Engineers-IT program. Under general supervision, provides second-tier support to end-users for PC, server, mainframe applications and hardware. Handles problems that the first-tier of help desk support is unable to resolve. May interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains currency and high level of technical skill in field of expertise. Escalates more complex problems to Senior Level.
Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. The Help Desk Specialist performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the candidate troubleshoots printer, computer, and peripheral incidents, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software. This role will be based in either Huntsville AL, Hillsboro OR, Vicksburg MS. Teleworking is a possibility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of applicable work experience
- Current DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification, IAT Level I (examples include: A+ CE, Network+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security certifications)
- Must obtain appropriate DoD 8570 IA Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of employment
- Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013
- Experience using Remedy or a similar ticketing system
- Highly skilled at explaining technical subjects to non- technical as well as technical customers
- Expert in STIGs, Policy and Procedures for PC Techs
- Strong customer service orientation
- Current and proficient in any new concepts or practices in own IT discipline, and applies that knowledge to the current work.
- Has basic knowledge of Project Management.
- Ability to work with other teams outside of Field Ops
- Work with PC Techs to resolve issues
- Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots level III end user workstation equipment and printers
- Technical writing experience
- Innovative, team-oriented problem solver
- Strong commitment to providing quality service
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow through skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong analytical and follow through skills
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Interim Secret Clearance required
- Experience maintaining Canon, Xerox, Lexmark, HP, or Ricoh printer devices (i.e. documenting, configuring, and completing remote installs)
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Training PC Techs on Printers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Computer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.