Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
NISC III currently has an opening for a terminal instrument procedures (TERPS) Flight Procedures Specialist supporting the FAA National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC) program in its Oklahoma City location. The TERPS Flight Procedures Specialist provides support to the FAA Aeronautical Information Services Group (AJV-5). Primary support for this position will be to the instrument procedures Flight Procedures (IFP) Coordination Team. Provides technical expertise to FAA Aeronautical Information Services Group and Service Area Flight Procedures Teams on the concepts and principles contained in FAA Order 8260.3C Terminal Instrument Procedures Development, FAA Order 8260.19C Flight Procedures and Airspace, and other applicable Orders and Directives that pertain to TERPS. Duties will involve a wide range of functions:
- Log receipt of packages into the Aeronautical Information System Production Workflow System (APWS).
- Review/Validate procedures in the National Flight Data Digest and Transmittal Letter (NFDD/TL) for discrepancies and notify the appropriate Production Controller, Team Lead, Team Specialist, or Aeronautical Data team for corrective action.
- Log completion of the NFDD/TL review into APWS and forward to the appropriate Administrative Officer or Flight Check Drawer.
- Maintain a checkout sheet for personnel to use when not available and/or return a package upon request from the Production controllers, Team Leads, or Team Specialists.
- Communicate directly with the IFP Controllers, managers, and specialists regarding any issues.
The candidate will have demonstrated experience in any of the following:
- Airspace and Procedures background (Instrument Flight Procedures)
- Air Traffic Control Experience (FAA, Contractor or Military)
- Commercial Instrument Rated Pilot (Military or Civilian)
- Certified Instrument Flight Instructor A degree in an Aeronautics, Aviation, or Air Traffic Control career field.
- Previous experience with FAA or DoD terminal instrument procedures (TERPS).
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, and 8+ years of experience.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.