Leidos has an opening for a skilled, experienced ASW Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs located at a US Government facility in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop tactical decision aids systems. Career advancement possibilities are limited only by your desire.
The candidate manages the delivery of Sonar Tactical Decision Aids (TDAs) for the US Navy primarily focused on Sonar Performance Prediction Functional Segment (SPPFS) in Advanced Capability Build (ACB) system along with related components. Candidate supports the development and testing of TDAs within a matrix organization that are used onboard surface combatant ships and/or shore surveillance sites. Candidate’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage the delivery of SPPFS TDA requirements by attending Integrated Product Team meetings.
- Participate in activities related in the delivery of acoustic TDAs capabilities. These activities include one or more of the following: Requirements Definition, Funding Requirements; Analysis and Engineering; System Analysis and Design; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System and Operational Performance Analysis; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
- Communicate the status of the deliverable to the program management and government customer within the agile development framework.
- Conduct integration testing of TDA products to verify the quality of deliverables.
- Communicate with system integrators during the evaluating and testing TDA capabilities.
- Communicate requirements to system engineers within the matrix organization to establish Engineering Data Models (EDMs) to facilitate testing at NSWCCD.
- Interact with internal developers; as well as external tactical development team members, military personnel, and civilian DoD customers, to ensure that TDA requirements are captured and designed into the system.
- Fifteen years of experience directly related to ASW operations, systems, and theory; including 12 years of fleet operational experience related to SQQ-89A(V)15 Sonar Suite.
- Must have specific subject matter expertise in one of the following subject areas: sonar system operation, underwater acoustics, underwater sound propagation, or tactical oceanography.
- Must be comfortable communicating with software developers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines.
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Comfortable occasionally working with computer terminals to provide information to the development team; including a willingness to learn basic Linux commands.
- Familiar with software development and agile methodologies
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.