Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
Leidos is seeking a Data Center Manager oversees facilities that contains large amounts of computer hardware, including servers and networking appliances at one of our customer locations. The Data Center Manager oversees server maintenance and inventory, customer service and manage equipment maintenance tasks such as managing custom upgrades; cable replacement, components and accessories; maintaining records and drawing schematics of the center to detail what equipment is installed, and supports data recovery efforts.
- Manages scheduling to ensure SLAs and project deliveries are met
- Experience working logistics in a cleared environment including IT equipment disposition
- Prior experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce through influence
- Knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Knowledge of physical CE infrastructures & equipment (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
- Performs and execute organization's safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
- Site Service Technician: duties include but not limited to, break fixes and RMAs, and hardware support.
- Monitor data center power and air conditioning and report power loss or deficiencies.
- Perform infrastructure capacity planning and ensure system environments are adequately scalable for anticipated growth and availability.
- Oversees the Inventory & Asset Management Team that is responsible for material movement, shipping & receiving, inventory management, stocking, and cycle counts
- Inspect and manage rack installs of accuracy and compliance.
- Setup and configuring of all racks to deploy on the network.
- Server rack moving, installing, grounding, Cable Management, wiring (with CAT 5 or fiber), installing of surge protectors, and the adjustment of the racks to properly fit different size servers.
- Written/Oral Communications Skills
- Interpersonal Communication
- Must have a fundamental understanding HVAC requirements.
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Customer Relations/Service Skills
- Planning/Organization/Development Skills
- Candidate must have a Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- CompTIA Security+, Net+, A+
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required to be considered for this position
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.