The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations, maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). Supporting the SENS3 management team, the selected individual will be responsible for providing monitoring of customer network data, applications, and operational architecture through a 24/7 Operating Center environment to ensure Service Level Agreements are met, including:
- Working with Telco providers, LECs, and customers in troubleshooting circuit and data issues
- Answering queries by telephone and e-mail in support of customer hardware, software, network, and telecommunication systems and execution of network procedures
- Provide operational support for all network components and conducts problem determinations, escalations and provides problem resolution
- Monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network equipment.
- Assisting and training lower level support employees
- Resolving networking/customer related concerns and issues
- Supporting engineers in troubleshooting network instability
- Communicating to customers and Leidos leadership of any impact to operational continuity
- Possessing a comprehensive understanding of network and device relationships
- Ability to effectively balance priorities and customer needs during periods of outages or moments of degradation of services
- HS diploma and 5+ years of experience working with networks and performing Network Administration/Troubleshooting
- Must be familiar with Windows Systems administration tools and processes
- Knowledge in coordinating problem resolution and working across IT functional areas
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/events simultaneously
- CCNA Certification
- SolarWinds experience for network monitoring
- Experience in secret and top secret network topology
- Proven initiative in supporting other NOC personnel in troubleshooting network issues
- Proven capacity to provide professional customer service in a 24 x 7 operational environment
- DHS Experience
- Microsoft Certification
- Taclane / Encryptor troubleshooting experience
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with 4 years of professional experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.