Leidos currently has an opening for a Facilities Space Management Project Manager to support the VA ITRM . This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families. This position will be part of a team handling all aspects of office space management, from office moves to renovations to re-purposing building space.
This Project Manager position will be directly supporting the VA ITRM division across multiple VA sites. Duties/responsibilities will include:
- Planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
- Ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- Interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Supporting: Office relocations within the facility, office assignment and space/desk preparation for new arrivals, room preparations for VA events (Town halls, all-hands meeting, special celebrations, etc.), remodeling and/or re-purposing office areas and direct interaction with clients and/or VA management.
- Assist/support the Space Management manager/coordinator by: Gathering requirements from the requesting client, providing market research, according to specifications, provide estimated project schedules on assigned tasks, researching possible solutions and options, as assigned, gather/provide required information to the VA for the development of acquisition packages, analyze and comment on designs, validation of shipments and deliveries of materials ordered for projects, confirm work completed was done according to specifications and is satisfactory, and observe office construction and report any concerns (materials incorrect, safety issue, not to specifications, etc.) to the project manager.
- Prepare reports, on a regular basis, to leadership (site and national)
- Track current use and assigned location of personnel at the site, as well as other specifics
- Process roll-on/off documents related to personnel or contractor changes and done so confidentially
- Satisfy data call requests, as assigned; includes gathering requested information, organizing and providing in the specified format
- Coordinate entities, internal and external, as assigned
- Create, open and/or handle tickets in Service Now related to Space Management (request, change and incident tickets)
- Must be proficient in MS software products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Visio, as well as SharePoint and Service Now
- Experience using AutoCAD software a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and operate with an extremely high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to maintain their composure when involved with a difficult situation (or person)
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities in a quick and professional manner
- Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for education
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Has expert knowledge of industry practices, advanced techniques and solutions within a professional discipline to develop new standards, processes, and solutions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Outlook and AutoCAD
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to climb and balance (stairs, ladders, scaffolds, etc.).
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.