Leidos currently has an opening for a Finance Project Manager to support a VA mission critical data centers located in the USA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA with world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services provided/housed in a data center. The focus of this position will be providing budgetary and financial support across the organization. The successful candidate will be able to work with various funding sources, contribute to the technical writing of Performance Work Statements and Statement of Work documents, and interface with different acquisition groups, as well as other duties.
This position will be supporting the VA data centers across the nation, specifically in the realm of operational budgets, accounting and project funding related to the VA NDCOL division. A successful candidate will have experience with:
- Managing program budgets
- Processing daily budget/accounting transactions
- Transfer of funds between divisions
- Transfer of funds between projects
- Account reconciliations, forecasting, actuals to budget analysis
- Credit card purchase orders and reconciliation
- Managing budgets of the federal government and/or the Department of Veterans Affairs (types of budgets – project, operations, maintenance contracts, etc.)
- Perform budgetary and financial analysis
- Monitor/track execution of budget with funds from various sources
- Prepare reports to VA management
- Technical writing skills related to facilities projects, such as Statement of Work and Performance Work Statements
- Clear understanding of appropriated vs franchise funding
The Finance Project Manager must be:
- Knowledgeable in how to plan, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of operating programs
- Able to use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and business processes
- Able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations
- Effectively manipulate data to present program status
- Able to provide recommendations related to continuous improvement of business processes
- Able to present to management, via excellent verbal and written skills, high level summaries and detailed finance related reports
- BS in Business or comparable field of study
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- 8 years of relevant experience can substitute for education
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Per Government Contract, US citizenship is required.
- Primarily a sedentary position, sitting at a desk, but will occasionally require standing and walking.
- Occasionally must be able to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
Experience with Strategic Capital Investment Planning (SCIP) tool and process.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.