Leidos currently has an opening for a Release Manager to work onsite at the Austin Information Technology Center (AITC).
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission. The mission of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
A Release Manager must have experience in management of individual releases of software, hardware or other system components. Must have experience in coordinating with QA, Development, packaging and hardware teams. The release manager must have experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases.
- Perform requirements analysis, system analysis, development and implementation support for core functional business requirements and support all monitored applications, systems, and services, process re-engineering and adaptation of IT solutions in support of environments internal and external to the organization.
- Application support may include advanced collaboration capabilities, workflow, business process modeling, business process modeling translation, system modeling and simulation, software development and deployment, executive dashboards, enterprise search and discovery, project management and scheduling tools and applications and advanced multi-media support for training and marketing requirements.
- A Release Manager must have experience in management of individual releases of software, hardware or other system components. Must have experience in coordinating with QA, Development, packaging and hardware teams. The release manager must have experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases.
- This position does not direct the project/program, manage people or assign work. This individual will manage processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the release and deployment process and interface with Change Management.
- Provide planning, coordination, and communication ensuring the successful deployment of software modifications.
- Review and verify the accuracy and reliability of back out/roll back instructions.
- Work with the team to communicate the impact of planned maintenance to all stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the planned maintenance in a release.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Engineering, Computer Science or related scientific/technical discipline is required with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Federal contract requirement.
- Experience with Release Management
- Able to work with other members of the team and communicate appropriately.
- ITIL certifications are preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.