The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) will work with a team for to design, develop, integrate and maintain secure networking, computing, and enclave environments. The candidate will apply existing knowledge of Information Assurance policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement these environments. The candidate will ensure implementation of security features for the detection of malicious code, viruses, and intruders (hackers), as appropriate. Ensure systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with applicable governing policies and procedures. You must hold an active U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) Secret clearance to qualify.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate operational security posture is maintained.
• Coordinate changes or modifications with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM)/ Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
• Ensure software, hardware, and firmware complies with appropriate security configuration guidelines (e.g., Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)/Security Requirement Guides (SRGs)).
• Ensure proper configuration management procedures are followed prior to implementation and contingent upon necessary approval.
• Implement and enforce all DoD cybersecurity policies and procedures, as defined by cybersecurity-related documentation.
• Initiate protective or corrective measures when a cybersecurity incident or vulnerability is discovered and ensure a process is in place for authorized users to report all cybersecurity-related events and potential threats and vulnerabilities.
• Implement the Risk Management Framework (RMF) across multiple programs in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and Air Force policy and directives.
• Assist ISSM/ISSO in the development of artifacts and supporting evidence to satisfy all applicable RMF Controls and corresponding Control Correlation Identifiers (CCI’s).
• Assist ISSM/ISSO in the development and/or update the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) to document all known vulnerabilities to correct or mitigate risks.
• Implement and enforce all Air Force cybersecurity policies, procedures, and countermeasures.
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems Math, and Engineering) and at least 2 year of directly related experience is required.
Active U.S. Department of Defense DOD Secret clearance.
• IAM Level II Certification (Security+, CYSA+, or SSCP)
• Familiarity with information sharing systems, policies, and environments.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.