The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Team Lead, Contracts. The Team Lead will be responsible for managing contracts and staff for the Aviation business line within the Security Detection & Automation (SD&A) operation of the Civil Group. The Aviation business line provides airport and critical infrastructure screening products for the US government and commercial customers across the world. This is a great opportunity to support a growth business in an exciting industry while also working at a large company with an established Contracts function.
This is a working manager position which will entail hands-on management of contracts and leadership of a team of Contracts professionals. The position may be located at either the Leidos Headquarters in Reston, Virginia or in SD&A offices in Tewksbury, Massachusetts or Vista, CA.
- Collaborate closely with proposal teams, program teams, and other functional areas. Stay engaged throughout the proposal process and program lifecycles to proactively contribute to the success of the business.
- Provide key support of proposal development, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as customer and contract requirements.
- Work closely with Legal to support negotiation of commercial contracts, teaming agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Provide advice and counsel to Group counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Establish measurement and functional performance goals for staff to include career development, recruiting and staff retention, provide regular feedback, and conduct performance reviews.
- Hands-on management of certain contracts being performed in the business line.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develops or reviews prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Expert knowledge within government contracts with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Proven experience working with municipal, international, and commercial contracts.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating commercial terms and conditions.
- Minimum of 4 years experience supervising or leading teams.
- Experience with fixed price and time and material contract types.
- Must have a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding contractual issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Experience working with the Transportation Security Administration is preferred.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.