The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a potential opening for a Chief Systems Design Engineer to work in our Boston, MA / Hanscom AFB offices. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill supporting the Air Force Life Cycle and Management Center Force Protection Division (AFLCMC/HBU) team on the Medusa Counter Small Unmanned Aerial System Program.
- Responsible for the management of the Systems Design Engineering function for the program.
- Will apply past experience, knowledge and skills to provide recommendations regarding systems development, testing, sustainment and enhancement. Organizes project and task work-loads and selects individuals most qualified for assignments on specific projects.
- Directs technical organization to ensure progress according to technical objectives; the System DE Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates all task order technical operations.
- The System DE will lead all Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) efforts: formalizing application of modeling to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification and validation activities beginning with conceptual design and continuing throughout development and later life cycle phases.
- Acts as primary customer contact all matters of systems design the SME lead will lead task order review sessions with customer to discuss cost; schedule; and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts; criteria and engineering efforts for product research; development; integration and test.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules; identifies program problems and obtains solutions; such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Position requires the flexibility to work on short notice, overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires US Citizenship and active Secret Clearance
- Proven ability to reach out to Industry, Academia, and the USG Lab system synchronizing efforts across multiple lines of research, development and funding
- Knowledgeable in program management methodology and techniques; performance evaluation and change management principles
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of personnel planning, project reviews, scheduling, and budget control
- Qualified applicant will possess excellent managerial and leadership skills
- Current PMP certification
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience and 15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 years or prior relevant experience
- Operational experience in the USAF
- Working knowledge of USAF C5ISR systems
- Previous experience managing complex System designs efforts / contracts
- Demonstrated ability to work across internal functions and with outside entities to facilitate successful product completion/delivery
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.