The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a potential opening for an experienced and motivated Program Manager (PM) to work in our Boston, MA /Hanscom AFB offices. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and skill supporting the Air Force Life Cycle and Management Center Force Protection Division (AFLCMC/HBU) team on the Medusa Counter Small Unmanned Aerial System Program. This position will support growth in the Defense Force Protection Market with overall emphasis on Base Defense and Counter-UAS (C-UAS); providing a wide range of engineering support to enhance both Base Defense and C-sUAS operational capabilities in CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing resources and customer relationships to bring about the successful start-up of specific programs.
- The PM will have the responsibility to manage all aspects of management, technical, cost, schedule and customer relationships on the contract.
- The PM will manage performance by maintaining close familiarity with developing requirements, interviewing and hiring personnel capable of meeting requirements, and participating in meetings with military and Government personnel to obtain and provide feedback.
- The PM will direct all phases of the effort supporting the contract from inception through completion.
- The PM will participate in the negotiations which effect the contract: coordinating the preparation of business plans, proposals, proposal work statements and specifications; as well as managing operating budgets and financial teams/conditions of contract that effect contract operations.
- The PM will act as the primary customer contact for all contract operations; leading contract review sessions with customer to discuss cost; schedule; and technical performance. Establishes design concepts; criteria and engineering efforts for product research; development; integration and test.
- The PM will direct all the work of the personnel and efforts supporting execution.
- This position requires the flexibility to work on short notice, overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Additional responsibilities include: partnering with business development and line management to grow the business base by developing business relationships with both small and large partners to address force protection, base defense, and C-UAS opportunities.
- The PM will employ their subject matter expertise to support development of near and mid-term growth strategies for current programs and adjacent opportunities.
- In addition to PM responsibilities, this position will require ongoing support to relevant captures and proposals.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 8+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Requires US Citizenship and active Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of System-level requirements / Software development methodologies
- Proven ability to successfully manage and or lead a program which was multifaceted of in terms of size, scope, and complexity.
- Proven ability to interface effectively with Industry, Academia, and the USAF synchronizing efforts across multiple lines of operations simultaneously
- Knowledgeable in program management methodology and techniques; performance evaluation and change management principles
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of personnel planning, project reviews, scheduling, and budget control
- Qualified applicant will possess excellent managerial and leadership skills
- Have a demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and coordinate all contract operations.
- Current PMP certification
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAF and force protection, law enforcement and installation security related organizations, policies and strategy
- Have the ability to gain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance with the ability to access SCI.
- Previous assignment history in US Air Force or supporting USAF contractually
- Previous assignment history in USAF Geographic Combatant Commands in force protection, physical security and/or law enforcement leadership roles
- Previous experience managing large and complex USAF contracts
- Demonstrated ability to work across internal functions and with outside entities to facilitate successful product completion/delivery
- Familiarity with DOD hazards risk assessment, Insider threats and Mission Assurance programs.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.