Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
· Hold Baggage
· Ports & Borders
· General Automation
We are seeking a Director of Engineering in Tewksbury, MA (relocation will be considered) to work with the best and brightest around the country in creating innovative Security, Detection & Automation Product Solutions. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
The Director of Engineering would be responsible for the application of engineering principles to business practice. Duties would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Organization and direction of a team of engineering leads, to include data scientists, software/mechanical/electrical/systems engineers, to meet design objectives, new product development and improvement of existing designs
- Management of personnel issues, to include staffing, training, and performance management
- Responsible for the aviation security, detection, and automation product line development, sustainment and enhancement
- Oversight of design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products/designs/technology
- Planning and development of engineering requirements
- Conduct extensive investigation and resolve complex issues
- Interface directly with customer(s) and stakeholders in regards to deliverables, metrics, schedules, and progress
- Effectively track and communicate performance,
- Communicate and collaborate as needed with other teams within the organization
- Occasional assistance in aspects of engineering design proposal requirements
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- MS Degree in Engineering or a similar field, PhD preferred
- A minimum of 10 yrs experience in product line engineering and management, preferably in aviation security or automation
- A minimum of 7yrs in managerial experience, leading teams and projects
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.