Leidos has an immediate opening for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Corporate IT Services Team. This position can be supported from our locations in Gaithersburg - MD, Reston - VA, Orlando – FL, or possible telework opportunity for the right candidate
In this role, you will provide expert level design solutions for the current corporate WAN system within LEIDOS taking into account availability, scalability, security and manageability as appropriate. You will also perform network engineering on a broad range of programs providing overall support for various business-critical networks. Some tasks involve the full system engineering life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, and implementation.
- Provide recommendations to Network Operations on what features to enable and how to use them.
- Provide Tier III support to Operations in support of the WAN service.
- Respond to problem (architecture and design level) tickets associated with WAN/LAN.
- Provide project-based engineering and on-going enhancement engineering support for WAN/SDWAN, LAN, SDC (Software Defined Data Center) and WAN acceleration.
- Develop WAN/SDWAN/SDC/SDN system analysis and design documents for Leidos' corporate WAN architecture, specific projects, assessment of business process and design artifacts provided by project, program or service support staff
- Work with the other departments in designing, staging configuration, implementation and support as applicable; expected to participate and lead combined projects / efforts with adjacent teams to meet the business objectives
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of prior experience in Network Administration or Network Engineering, including Cisco implementation. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Cisco Switching: STP, RSTP, MST, LAN tuning / protection, VTP.
- Experience with Cisco implementation of routing protocols mainly BGP, EIGRP, and with knowledge of other protocols as needed (OSPF, RIP, ISIS) to include route redistribution and route tagging
- Experience with WAN and VPN Solutions, MPLS, DMVPN Phase1/2/3, IPsec, IPsec/GRE, and Performance Routing.
- Experience with SilverPeak WAN Acceleration, SSL
- Experience with Network Hardware Design and Configuration, Network Troubleshooting, Network Performance Tuning.
- Experience with Cisco WAN/LAN technologies - VLANs, Spanning-tree, MPLS tagging.
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance is required.
- Experience with SDWAN Solution with the SilverPeak Product Line
- Experience with the SD Data Center Solution with the Arista Product Line
- Experience with Network Access Controls (NAC) 802.1x
- Experience with Multicast / Streaming Video Service
- Experience in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for new technologies
- Familiarity with DNS/DHCP, IPAM (BlueCat), load balancers (F5), WAN Optimization (SilverPeak), and Authentication Systems (Clearpass), SSL VPN.
- Experience with enterprise network management tools such as HPNA, SolarWinds, Cisco Smartnet, LiveAction, Splunk, or similar technologies
- VoIP implementation and Support
- Current or former Cisco certifications - CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCIE etc.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.