Leidos is looking for a Database Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
A Database Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected candidate will provide database engineering expertise in one or more of the following areas: architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design/implementation, testing, and documentation for the system. He/she will analyze user requirements, system architecture, and system requirements specifications, and will provide database engineering expertise and develop system architecture and system design documentation. He/she will support the development of system configuration documentation, including designs for capacity and performance planning and will perform engineering activities, including risk assessments and analyses of alternatives for a variety of system related issues and concerns. The selected candidate will provide solutions to challenging technical problems in distributed data replication, concurrent data access and high availability.
The selected candidate will provide guidance and support for database engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with technical managers, system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for implementing database engineering practices to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. He/she will be responsible for communicating with and effectively collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary. The database engineer will actively participate in program increment planning and related agile team activities. He/she will become a member of our overall systems engineering team, or will be embedded in an agile development team.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and at least 4 years of related experience, or a Master’s Degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience as a Database Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
- Must have at least 2 years of relational database experience with Oracle or Postgres (preferred) or NoSQL experience with Cassandra or Mongo.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with Linux (RHEL), shell scripting, and/or PL/SQL.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with large classified systems.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology or as a member of an agile team.
- Experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
- Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
- In-depth experience with Cassandra or Mongo.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.