Looking for work life balance and love using your debugging skills to troubleshoot problems that may arise during testing? Look no further!
Leidos is seeking you, our next Test Engineer to support the Integrated Threat Warning Laboratory at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. You will get to manage the daily testing of sensors using a custom, highly-automated hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) architecture. When new instrumentation needs to be incorporated into the HITL test architecture, you will help develop the interface and modules necessary for integration. Sounds fun right!!
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
• Set up of test equipment needed for each day of testing
• Run the daily tests
• Troubleshoot any problems that arise during the test preparation or runs
• Maintain and manage the instruments used to support the testing
• Develop interface modules for new instrumentation when needed
• Collect calibration data for instruments
• Document the test progress and keeping logs of completed tests
• Manage and organize large amounts of test data
This is you:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering with at least 5 years of experience that includes at least one year of experience in testing
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Experience programming in C and C++
• Proficiency with Matlab®
• Understanding of Ethernet TCP/IP and sockets (client/server protocol)
• Strong communication skills to engage with multidiscipline teams
• Excellent debugging skills
You will wow us if you have these skills:
• Experience with optical systems
• Understanding of radiometrics
• Working knowledge of embedded systems
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.