The Department of Energy (Federal Energy) Strategic Account Executive is the lead Leidos official responsible for building, sustaining and advancing trusted relationships with the Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Agency, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and Strategic customers within the multi-faceted Federal Energy space specifically focused on customer relations and growing business revenue across the company’s Civil Group portfolio. The Energy Strategic Account Executive must thoroughly understand the Agency contributions to energy, environmental and nuclear challenges where transformative science and technology solutions and large management and operations programs play a major role in the acquisition strategy.
The Federal Energy SAE must thoroughly understand the Agency contributions based on
significant career credentials including: executive-level leadership experience, strong operations background, a comprehensive understanding of current and evolving Agency missions, operational concepts, policy, doctrine, acquisition, requirements, contracting and funding. The Energy SAE should be knowledgeable and remain current regarding DOE, NNSA and FERC senior leaders and decision makers, as well as concerning other senior executives and leaders across the Department including personnel at Headquarters and at various field sites (e.g. National Laboratories, Production Sites, Testing Facilities, Environmental Clean-up Sites etc.). The position serves as the senior Leidos executive responsible for customer relations and government affairs to the Agency and will lead enterprise-level strategy development for how Leidos can leverage our technical core competencies to enhance current and future mission requirements in support of the Department of Energy and the broader Civil Energy Community.
The Energy Strategic Account Executive will report to SVP – Strategic Accounts & Government Relations.
General responsibilities include: identifying, qualifying, and supporting capture and closure on Federal Energy opportunities; facilitating needs identification; marketing the full range of corporate capabilities; and maximizing internal collaboration as detailed by the following specific responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen a trusted relationship with the customer while serving as the primary Leidos senior voice to that customer.
- Ensure a coherent, integrated Leidos message to the customer while promoting corporate capabilities and solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build, improve and manage significant key individual customer relationships.
- Promote and introduce corporate capabilities, technologies, services and solutions to the customer and be familiar with new Leidos offerings.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of both the customer’s and Leidos business.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the account’s competitive landscape (including competitors and potential partners.
- Develop and track a strategic Call Plan which includes regular, periodic meetings with strategically relevant customer contacts.
- Host senior customer visits to Leidos, and arrange visits to customer sites, as appropriate.
- Senior executive representative responsible for customer relations and Government Affairs.
- Define Leidos to the customer by communicating the full breadth and depth of Leidos’ services and solutions that can support the customer’s mission.
- Define the customer to Leidos by ensuring Leidos understands customer needs and trends.
- Communicate account information horizontally across all Leidos Groups to aid in their business development and program execution.
- Establish a collaboration and information reporting capability to support customer information and track emerging opportunities, issues and results.
- Provide senior customers an avenue to communicate satisfaction/dissatisfaction with Leidos performance.
- Communicate internally across Leidos by hosting monthly Account calls to facilitate planning and execution while disseminating customer information and tracking emerging opportunities, issues and results.
- Coordinate an account management team in creating, distributing and updating a strategic Account Management Plan that shapes/supports corporate strategic and annual planning efforts for the customer.
- Assess customer’s direction, trends and strategic opportunities in the 3-5 year time horizon providing results to strategic captures and campaigns, and to internal leaders. Help develop new ideas and solutions to capture new business. Contribute to strategic planning by providing insights as to the evolution of and changes in federal energy missions, acquisition, procurement and contracting approaches, and funding profiles. Participate creatively in identifying novel solutions for key Agency needs. Show leadership in critical analysis of published Department of Energy plans to reflect senior judgment.
- Contribute to corporate Competitive Intelligence efforts by providing insights, assessments and recommendations on customer, partner and competitor activities, intentions and trends.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with line management to identify and shape strategic approaches to the customer.
- Act as the primary point of coordination for any Leidos organization seeking entry into the account to develop business with the customer.
- Facilitate identification of the right Leidos capabilities and resources for identified opportunities.
- Actively contribute to the development of new ideas and solutions to capture new business to increase Leidos’ market share in the account.
- Coordinate with line management to identify and resolve/mitigate OCI issues as they emerge.
- Work with strategic, line and business development to identify future businesses we want to enter, in a way that precludes OCI concerns.
- Work with designated capture and campaign teams to shape customer opportunities.
- Identify specific growth opportunities, including merger & acquisition and teaming opportunities, within the customer base.
- Contribute to opportunity preparation and capture strategy to include participation on “color” and review teams.
- In coordination with the Integrated Missions and Commercial Energy Operations, grow the pipeline of qualified targets
General Account Oversight:
- Manage all account-specific resources to the budgets established in the Account Management Plan.
- Conduct customer assessments on contract/task performance and provide feedback to the line organizations.
- Facilitate, with account line management, the resolution of any conflicting internal or customer-based issues.
- Develop organization hierarchies, populate planned engagements and maintain Account-specific Customer Resource Management tool.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 15+ years of experience with extensive leadership, professional knowledge and job experience working for the Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Agency or in an executive position of equal standing with another Federal Energy agency. MBA preferred.
- Service as former government official within the Department of Energy’s Senior Executive Service.
- Must possess extensive understand of the Department of Energy customers, doctrine, concepts and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to understand how a combination of innovation, technology and partnership can be used to address specific Federal Energy problems and challenges leading to year over year business line growth
- Deep understanding of the Federal Energy acquisition methodologies including performance based clean-up, management and operations and federally funded research and development centers and how to best position Leidos as a services provider for growth.
- Ability to track changing needs and match Leidos' wide range of capabilities to these needs.
- Proven ability to work in a complex, multi-faceted organization with a wide range of customer offerings. Ability to develop/sustain Federal Energy customer relationships at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
- Desired personal attributes include: Self-Initiative, Self-Reliance, Team-Player, Strong Social Skills, Excellent Problem Solving Skills, Well-Developed Personal and Professional Network
- Clearance Requirement: “Q” Clearance or ability to obtain
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Account Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.