The Leidos Corporation Space Operations and Sustainment Team has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer for Logistics and Sustainment. The candidate will serve on a Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) contract in support of the SATCOM SMC/SC organization located at the Los Angeles Air Force Base. The position is located in El Segundo, California and requires an active DoD clearance - candidates without the required clearance will not be considered.
The candidate will specifically have responsibilities to:
- Assist the SATCOM Operations Support and Sustainment Office and Product Support Manager (PSM) to successfully develop and implement a comprehensive Life-Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP) to be included in the Lifecycle Management Plan (LCMP).
- Coordinate detailed reviews, analyses and assessments of Government life-cycle logistics requirements planning.
- Coordinate detailed reviews, analyses and assessments of Government Product Support requirements and the Enterprise Milestone Schedules.
- Work with the Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) Process Execution Lead to perform detailed reviews, analyses and assessments of MSEIT sustainment requirements traces from the Capability Development Document (CDD) and the Operational Requirements Document (ORD) down to the prime contractor Prime Item Development Specifications.
- Coordinate detailed reviews, analyses and assessments of sustainment Requirements Verification Plans (RVPs).
- Perform detailed reviews, analyses and assessments of the Product Support Analysis (PSA) deliverables.
- Work with Government stakeholders to ensure detailed reviews, analyses and assessments of prime contractor Life-Cycle Cost Report (LCCR) deliverables.
- Implement continuous process improvement initiatives to minimize life-cycle costs by replacing time-consuming manual processes with accelerated and automated solutions that gain efficiencies over time.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university in a STEM related field such as systems engineering, physics, mechanical or electrical engineering plus 15 years of general engineering experience.
- Ability to work closely with Senior Military leaders and clearly articulate ideas and issues and achieve a consensus for action.
- Self-starter with the ability to interact independently with the customer, work with limited direction and handle multiple projects on tight deadlines with excellent organizational skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Communications skills include active listening, comprehension of complicated texts, the ability to speak logically and convincingly in large groups, the ability to compose letters and documentation to clearly and effectively convey understanding.
- Excellent oral and written communications, able to articulate complex concepts.
- Competency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- US CITIZENSHIP and an active DoD TS Clearance are required for this position.
- Masters degree from an accredited college/university in a related field such as systems engineering, physics, mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Military Satellite Communications or Space Systems experience; SMC, SATCOM specific experience is desired. Enhanced Polar Satellite (EPS) specific experience is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.