Leidos is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to support an Identity & Access Management (IdAM) program to provide technical expertise and functional management and leadership support for a mission critical enterprise system in Chantilly. An ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLY level clearance is REQUIRED to be considered.
Successful candidate will provide scrum master and functional management support within a SAFe agile software development environment. The candidate should have a background in hands on software development or leading software development teams in an Agile execution construct. Experience as a scrum master, product owner, and/or release train engineer will be significantly beneficial in this role. Additionally hands on software development experience and knowledge with java based applications and a solid understanding of application integration with Free and Open Source (FOSS), and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products (specifically Oracle IdAM product suite) will be a tremendous asset.
- Work closely with recruiting team to staff current program openings for the team
- Onboard new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed with the scope of the program
- Execute all performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
- Collaborate with subcontractor team members’ leadership for staffing needs and to provide individual teammate performance feedback
- Update corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Plan and allocate resources across program task orders for financial reporting
- Manage personnel on the agile software development teams
- Oversee training across the agile team members
- Perform as a scrum master for multiple agile teams
- Remove impediments for developers and facilitate cross team coordination when assistance and/or resources are needed
- Facilitate creativity across the teams and identify ways to improve efficiency
- Work closely with product owner to ensure stories are fully defined and have valid acceptance criteria
- Assist product owner with grooming the backlog in preparation for the next sprint
- Facilitate daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, and demos
- Analyze agile metrics and present to agile teams
- Coordinate team progress with release train engineer and development lead
- TS/SCI w Poly REQUIRED to be considered
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience supervising or leading teams
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership experience; at a minimum experience leading a team of 3-4 people
- Understanding and background in COTS integration and custom code development
- Familiar with program tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Agile development experience
- Experience managing personnel in an agile development environment
- Experience as a scrum master, product owner, and/or release train engineer
- IdAM domain knowledge and/or experience, especially familiarity with Oracle IdAM products (OID, OVD, OUD, OIF, OAM, OES, OIM)
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.