- The candidate will support the SENS3 contract and function as a Network Engineer at the Intelligence Enterprise Operations Center in Stennis, Mississippi.
- Responsible for the overall network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the network.
- Additional responsibilities will include installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of routers, switches, firewalls, gateways, load balancers, etc.
- Duties may include providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
- Support level duties may include monitoring, installation, modification, testing, and servicing of network equipment.
- Must be able to work independently or collaborate with other engineers on larger, complex projects and assignments.
- Must be able to communicate with colleagues across multiple areas to include field technicians, project managers, and other technical resources internal and external to the SENS3 contract.
- Requires a BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Years of experience may be substituted in in lieu of a degree.
- 3 years experience in the maintenance and operation of large enterprise networks
- Experience in supporting classified networks
- Experience with VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub netting
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using BGP, ISIS, OSPF or static routing
- Experience with Enterprise IP networks using Cisco and or Juniper network devices
- Possess CCNA Routing and Switching Certification
- CCNP Routing and Switching Certification
- CCNA Security Certification
- CompTia Network+ Certification
- Solarwinds configuration and management
- TACLANE encryptor experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.