We have an opportunity for a multi-talented Senior Network Engineer in San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA.
In this role, you will be required to develop solutions to complex technical issues such as administrating and operating aspects of multiple systems and related software. You will serve as project lead responsible for coordinating team members and resources to obtain project success in relation to program goals and tasking. Responsibilities include:
- Build, deploy, and monitor, software baselines across multiple domains and environments, ensuring configuration and operability.
- Perform and direct performance analysis and tuning, disaster recovery, and monitoring of data.
- Advise/lead in design of system architecture and infrastructure support systems.
- Lead all required pipeline environments by ensuring patch compliance, baseline software updates and system health/status checks are complete.
- Recommend guidance based on established procedures to ensure corrective actions are taken to restore environment functionality.
- Apply expertise to troubleshoot regarding network issues between environments and system users.
- Employ ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions.
- This position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Networking Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field and 10-12+ years of related experience with designing, building and documenting networks including hardware administration. Additional relevant/specialized training, certification as a credentialed subject matter expert or recognized specialist in relevant field, may be substituted for years of experience.
- Candidate must have detailed and extensive knowledge of routing and switching capabilities as well as server design, storage and workstations.
- Advanced networking experience to include configuration of Cisco routers and related equipment—including experience with IPv4 and IPv6 networking.
- Must be CSWF eligible, that is, IAT Level II certified with COMP TIA Security+ and one of the following OS certifications: Windows, Linux or Networking certification.
- Strong background/certifications with installing and configuring software within Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems.
- Experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience building and automating systems within VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based deployments.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel. Strong computer related skills.
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Experience writing scripts for at least one operating system (Linux, Windows).
- At times, support Systems Administrators with designing, installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching and performance tuning.
- Cisco/CCNA certifications.
- Experience with Jenkins, Nexus, or similar DevOps automation pipeline tools.
- Experience with PKI client and server certificates.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git). Comfortable with Confluence / JIRA for documentation and ticket tracking.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
- Experience with architecture documentation and API design.
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.