Leidos is seeking an Aviation Safety Specialist to support the Royal Saudi Air Force in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Safety Specialist will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and disseminate safety promotional materials
- Develop and improve safety manuals, policies and procedures
- Develop Evaluation Program including review of safety documentation and trend analysis; Identify deficiencies and areas for improvement and assist in developing corrective actions
- Propose safety initiatives and overall RSAF improvements
- Report to RSAF Safety Director on all matters of Safety and Compliance
- Other tasks related to safety as assigned by the Director of Safety
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation, Engineering, or related field (additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Minimum 15 years' experience in aviation or aircraft maintenance
- Minimum 5 years' experience operating and maintaining an Aviation Safety Management System SMS
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong knowledge of aviation operations and maintenance processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Safety Risk Management
- Knowledge of civil aviation regulations such as ICAO, EASA, FAA
- Ability to apply risk analysis and root cause analysis to situations
- Ability to independently research and analyze complex situations
- Practical experience conducting internal/external audits is highly desirable
- MS Office and presentations skills required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.