Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
We are seeking qualified candidates for multiple openings supporting a government customer in their state of the art facility in Springfield, VA. Let us know you are interested in knowing more and our Talent Acquisition team will connect you with your PERFECT position. APPLY TODAY to learn more Leidos opportunities and let us know you are open to considering positions in the following discipline: Counter Insider Threat Engineering Specialist - System Administrator
System Administrators incrementally install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain hardware and software to ensure the availability and functionality of systems.
- Manage user accounts and settings
- Implement Security Technical Implementation Guidance, hardening, and other technical controls to meet security requirements and address system findings identified in the system’s Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) document.
- Plan and sustain server environment. The server environment currently consists of Red Hat Linux, Oracle Linux, and Window Servers
- Plan and sustain desktop environment. The desktop environment currently consists of Windows Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Windows virtual desktops, and physical workstations
- Install, implement and configure software and applications
- Plan and sustain remote access solution that consists of Citrix Xen Desktop and VPN
- Perform routine and ad-hoc maintenance on systems
- (U) Implement system backup and restoration strategies and Continuity of Operations
- Maintain documentation of installations and modifications made to systems software programs
- Implement centralized performance and security monitoring
- Monitor performance data daily and modify systems tuning parameters to optimize overall systems performance and correct and prevent problems with the systems environment.
- Maintain an inventory database of equipment and software licenses and provide daily status reports.
- Participate in multi-functional teams and manage work through JIRA
- Bachelor's Degree and 4-8 years relevant experience
- TS/SCI level security clearance required
- Possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Linux Administration and/or Windows Administration
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator or Oracle Linux Administration
- Microsoft Windows Server certification
- Experience providing system administration services for network, system, software, database systems, and/or data warehouse implementations
- Experience working in DevOps and Agile projects
- Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.