- Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Airport Survey Mapping (ASM) team on the NISC III contract is an Aeronautical Information team supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assist the Leidos ASM team with creating and updating airport diagrams and sketches. The diagrams are to support the National Airspace System (NAS). The ASM Team creates and maintains electronic diagrams for three publications; Construction Notices to Airmen (NOTAMS), the Chart Supplement Publication and the Terminal Procedures Publication. Construction NOTAMS are published daily and uploaded to an FAA website to provide members of the aviation field with a visual depiction of runway and taxiway closures at airports due to construction. The Chart Supplement and Terminal Procedures publications are for use by pilot and air traffic controllers on a 56-day charting cycle.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Learning and analyzing Aeronautical Information
- Analyzing the National Flight Data Digest (NFDD)
- Analyzing and charting the Airport Chart Change documents
- Utilizing various software to produce charts
- Analyzing Aerial Photography
- Collaborating with FAA ASM team members and FAA Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Information, Geography or related discipline from an accredited College or University
- 2- 5 years of experience is required
- Knowledge in Bentley Systems Microstation
- Working knowledge and experience with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Software
- Experience with E.S.R.I Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.