Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We require two Due to Business growth we require an experienced senior devops Engineer who is capable of working within a team designing and implementing an automated DevOps pipeline within a private cloud platform using OpenShift, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Terraform and Kubernetes. This is a great opportunity to work on a new platform that forms part of the UK critical national infrastructure.
You will enjoy working in a highly collaborative working environment and be a team player, willing and able to communicate effectively, share thoughts and ideas and work hard to ensure successful delivery of the platform.
You will have performed a technical leadership role in successful CI/CD toolchain deployments, ideally into classified hybrid cloud environments. You will be experienced in maintaining system availability using suitable deployment methods to ensure low risk, zero downtime deployments.
You will have lead scrum teams, ensuring sprint tasks are distributed and completed with appropriate quality and time gates. For one of the positions, experience of leading multiple scrum teams would be desirable. Development iterations should have been completed to ensure release candidates are automatically deployed to suitable test environments.
You should have the following experience:
- Hands on relevant scripting and coding experience - these roles will be a mix of design, hands on implementation, technical leadership and governance.
- Understanding of DevOps culture and experience of leading DevOps teams
- Comprehensive understanding of automating software deployment processes through CI/CD, ideally in secure hosting environments
- Worked collaboratively with trusted partners and customers, ensuring schedules and technology mesh to form a cohesive solution
- Delivered CI/CD solutions that embrace interaction with Security and Service Management centres
- Comprehensive understanding of Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, public cloud.
- A good awareness of security best practices in software development environments, ensuring CI/CD pipelines are secure and contain adequate automated security stages.
Note that this post is subject to award and candidates will need to be able to attain Security Clearance, and you may be required to submit for DV clearance.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
- Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.