Leidos is looking for a Cyber/Indications and Warnings Analyst to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Cyber/Indications and Warnings Analyst is responsible for performing Security Incident and Event Handling for a critical DoD operational system. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong skills in Incident Response and Handling, Forensic Analysis, and the ability to quickly relay critical information to team members and management clearly, completely, and concisely.
As the Attack, Sensing, Warning, and Response (ASWR) analyst, the successful candidate will analyze collected data and derive facts, inferences, and projections to determine if the systems being monitored are operating normally or being attacked by an adversary. This individual will also analyze this collected data to detect an Insider Threat. The successful candidate will develop new dashboards and analytics to refine existing reports and create new reports. He/she will also work with System Engineers and System Administrators to better define the audit data being collected to eliminate false positives and false negatives from the data.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance or related field and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- At least 3 years of experience with an Indications and Warnings monitoring tool.
- Experience with one or more of the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, ArcSight, Splunk
- Experience tuning audit data to reduce number of false positives and false negatives.
- Experience in responding to detected security incidents.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of network intrusion detection methods and techniques.
- Network Security Operations Center (SOC) experience preferred.
- Experience and talent in data visualization
- Experience creating Dashboards and Analytics within SEIM (Security Information and Event Management) Tool.
- Experience creating workflows for Incident Response within a SEIM (Security Information and Event Management) Tool.
- Experience with the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, ArcSight, Splunk.
- CISSP Certification.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler Certification.
- GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.