The Program Execution Director has primary oversight responsibility for program execution excellence and best practices and is the program management advocate for the Division/Operation. The Program Execution Director is responsible for implementation, oversight, and compliance with Leidos Policy LP-PE-1, including development and execution of specific procedures for implementing LP-PE-1 in accordance with the policy and Civil Group procedure PR-PE-1.4. Specific requirements include:
- Partner with line organizations (Division and Operation) to provide appropriate project oversight, identify and help line teams mitigate performance risk, assist in the development of project management capabilities and project management skills, and be a partner to division/operations managers to enable growth.
- Ensure requisite pre-award activities (Bid Approval Reviews, Bid Risk Reviews, Technical Readiness Reviews, Execution Planning Reviews) are conducted and documented and issues are escalated to appropriate levels of management. This includes performing as chair of LP-PE-1 reviews for bids within the CES Operation and coordination of larger bids with Group and Corporate personnel.
- Ensure that required post-award activities are conducted and documented in Fusion (Kickoff Reviews, In Process Reviews and Management Reviews) at the appropriate levels within the Group/Operation, and chairing reviews for programs at the Group/Operation-level and for other high visibility programs.
- Ensure that client assessments are tracked, planned and recorded in accordance with LP-PE-1.
- Work with programs that encounter difficulty, including help with development of corrective action plans and supporting the program to correct issues.
- Provide inputs to the CES/Group/Corporate Watch List reports.
- Ensure best practice application of processes, tools and metrics, including supporting process improvement initiatives.
- Provide advice, counsel, mentoring and training to program managers.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
-BA/BS Degree and 15+ years’ experience as a program manager or in a program execution oversight role. Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
-Experience managing performance of commercial contracts, in a PM or oversight role; strong communication skills; demonstrated experience in both tactical and strategic thinking
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.