Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one including medical and dental insurance
- The potential to work from home during COVID-19
- Employee discounts
- Company HSA contribution
- Excellent 401K
Leidos is seeking a Smart Mobility Liaison to support a variety of stakeholder engagement and outreach activities related to our Connected and Automated Vehicle (CAV) research, open source software development, and equipment loan/support program.
This position would join the Leidos team that operates FHWA's Saxton Transportation Operations Laboratory (STOL), where emerging transportation technologies are researched, developed, and tested with the goal of improving safety, mobility, and environmental impacts. STOL leads a variety of open source software, research, and stakeholder engagement activities to support the advancement and deployment of Connected and Automated Vehicle (CAV) technologies, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) strategies. Our lab is multidisciplinary and very collaborative. We have a growing team of civil, electrical, communications, and automotive engineers; software developers; communications, marketing, and outreach specialists; and program/project managers and administrators.
We are looking for an outgoing, motivated, and knowledgeable professional to work with our team to build partnerships with key stakeholders – academics, state/local transportation agencies, automobile and CAV/ITS device manufacturers, software developers, and transportation industry associations.
Key activities for this position include:
- Coordinate with STOL project teams to learn about existing/in-development research, open source software, and other tools/resources that we want to share with stakeholders.
- Identify target audiences and goals for each stakeholder engagement initiative.
- Develop content and engagement strategies for stakeholder engagement activities in our current plans/roadmaps. Identify effective forums/approaches for gaps. Coordinate with the STOL Comms team to see these activities from conception to execution to performance tracking.
- Examples of stakeholder engagement activities include: technical working groups, focus groups, webinars, panels, conference sessions and gatherings, small group presentations, online discussion forums, website content, social media, videos, graphics, fact sheets, etc.
- Serve as a representative and liaison for the larger STOL team for stakeholder inquiries and individual requests for support/technical exchange. Set-up and lead 1-on-1 stakeholder engagement calls for both peer exchange and for technical support (of our software and research), bringing in other STOL staff as needed.
- Coordinate with STOL Communications Team on tracking engagement activities and impact.
This position is currently remote (due to COVID-19) but will be located at FHWA's Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Facility in McLean, VA when Leidos and FHWA COVID-19 safety procedures allow for a larger percentage of staff onsite. The role may require travel to meet with transportation operators, provide onsite support, conduct demonstrations, and participate or present at conferences.
Required Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Urban Planning, Communications and Marketing, Engineering (Civil, Systems, Transportation), Computer Science. Other disciplines will be considered.
- 2+ years relevant technical experience.
- A working knowledge of the transportation and Connected and Automated Vehicle industries.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to pass DMV background check.
- Self-motivated, desire to learn and grow, and ability to self-teach with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work directly with clients, listen and identify client needs and goals, receive and act on client feedback.
- Excellent communication skills – especially writing skills and presentation skills.
- Strong organization skills and ability to contribute to ongoing efforts to launch Client Relationship Management and performance management strategies.
- Ability to initiate and grow stakeholder partnerships in CAV research and development.
- Initiative to independently research new areas and bring recommendations to the team.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Work experience related to stakeholder engagement or customer relationships, such as: conducting workshops or webinars, facilitating meeting, marketing and sales, customer relationship management, communications.
- Work experience related to the ITS, TSMO, or transportation industry.
- Work experience related to open source software development.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.