Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team working on a next generation machine learning pipeline platform? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Talk about accelerating your career by using your troubleshooting skills to help us ingest data from multiple sources through many pipelines and feed it into a UI that is made accessible and retrievable for our end users. Your role is critical to implementing and maintain this pipeline across environments on this one of a kind platform working in Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA.
As our Systems Integrator in the Leidos Innovation Center, you will assist with the implementation of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a full stack containerized microservices architecture for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) for the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). D3P is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. You will be responsible for providing technical engineering management in our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office. As a Systems Integrator, we need you to assist with the implementation, maintenance and sustainment of unclassified and production systems. You will work closely with the Infrastructure/Operations Manager, Systems Engineers and Software Engineers to assist in integrating solutions and managing the D3P system. You are experienced in Unix/Linux/SE Linux and High Performance Computing as well as integrating complex solutions and integration projects to include big data workflows. As an experienced Systems Integrator, you will coordinate and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages; schedules installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
This is the fun you will have working closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, system engineers and O&M team members to:
- Provide solid troubleshooting skills to repair failed products or processes on a machine or a system using a logical, systematic search for the source of a problem in order to solve it, and make the product or process operational again
- Provide Support Services, which may include assistance provided during the engineering and operations of distributed systems as well as responses for mission-critical systems and production customers
- Triage, diagnose and escalate customer inquiries when applicable during their engineering and operations efforts
- Monitor system performance including legacy servers and cloud systems
- Perform legacy and cloud O&M administration
- Solve legacy server and cloud and virtualization issues
- Utilize your experience in the following:
- Managing legacy Linux servers and cloud resources
- Providing expert level Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration
- Installing operating system security patches
- Managing user accounts
- Troubleshooting/resolving operating system malfunctions and performance issues with Linux scripting languages (BASH, Perl, Python)
- File and directory permissions management
- Install/configure backup agent software
- Schedule Cron jobs
- Create and maintain technical documentation to include system design documents, network diagrams, user guides, and release notes
This is you:
- A Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of relevant professional experience or 4 years of additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
- Expert level experience in Linux system engineering and administration
- Strong troubleshooting skills (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, file system, load balancing, database, java)
- Solid experience with Linux and Microsoft applications in a VMware virtual environment
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting vCenter and Virtual Machines; Virtual Networking configurations as well as Distributed Virtual Switches; Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage
- Experience in SAN and NAS administration
- Experience knowledge of AWS Ops (EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools, e.g: GitLab, salt, jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline and Nexus
- Proficiency in infrastructure as a code and automation using Python, Unix Shell and other programming languages
- Demonstrate excellent decision-making, team organization and administration skills
- DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- Experience integrating Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience integrating ElasticSearch
- Experience with Python, Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience in configuring and managing SaltStack
- Experience in Network administration
- Experience with Citrix ADC
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.