Leidos’ Airborne Solutions Operation (ASO) is seeking an experienced Business Development Professional to manage and grow the Air Force Special Operations Command manned and unmanned portfolio of programs.
The Director for Business Development will actively participate in the identification and development of new opportunities, managing program captures, proposals and strategic planning. The selected candidate will work with the ASO, and senior Leidos staff to formulate program strategies and business plans, conduct program reviews and customer assessments, manage discretionary investment funds, and build and maintain relationships with external and internal customers.
The successful candidate will be a business development professional with experience in the Defense Industry, including experience working on full life cycle programs (programs of record experience desired). The primary focus is on airborne systems, including full life cycle systems development, sustainment and operations. Preference will be given to those professionals who have business development experience on programs within SOCOM, AFSOC, and JSOC; experience on Big Safari is also a plus.
Duties include all phases of customer relationships, business development, and capture management with emphasis on identification, qualification, and capture phases. Individual will be an integral part of the ASO team, supporting proposal activities, marketing, communications, competitive analysis, and business development. Individual will also identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives. Individual will identify and qualify prospective teaming partners.
Required expertise includes: Aviation capabilities and systems; technologies and operations; and full life cycle operations and sustainment.
- Develop and execute broad organizational strategic plans.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities.
- Work with line management and technical staff to develop programmatic and technology discriminators enabling successful program capture.
- Work with the ASO team to develop and execute capture plans during all phases of business development.
- Identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years’ relevant experience or a Master’s degree with 13+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required.
- Extensive Industry or Department of Defense (DoD) experience working business development activities in support of manned and unmanned aerial programs.
- Proven capture and proposal experience, preferably for aviation programs and including programs valued at $50M+.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience and contacts with manned and unmanned aerial systems domain.
- Business development with SOCOM, AFSOC, JSOC.
- Big Safari business development experience.
- Formal capture and proposal writing training (desired).
- Experience developing and managing marketing and bid and proposal budgets
- Experience and comfort interfacing at all organization levels, to include executive/CEO.
- Knowledge and experience with program management, program planning and execution, and systems engineering.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.