Leidos is searching for a Software/System Architect, Senior for our team at the Capital Region Readiness Center.
A Senior Software/System Architect must have extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems. Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Overseeing the development team, he manages the full life cycle of the software development process. Has extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- Deploying new versions of application, applying patches, and recompiling XA drivers for use with new releases;
- Maintaining the architecture code on the server side (UNIX), to include the core framework for security, auditing, logging for all applications;
- Maintaining the batch infrastructure code on the server side (UNIX);
- Applicant must be willing to work weekends and after hours as needed.
- Extensive Systems Administration experience required.
- Experience with monitoring environments
- Experience working in data centers
- Problem solving skills and good documentation skills.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 10 years of experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Federal Contract requirement.
Expert-level skills in:
- Virtualization (Emphasis on VMware and Hyper-V is important as well)
- Web hosting Infrastructure
- IIS (Knowledge of non-Microsoft web servers like Apache is helpful too)
- Content management (Content publishing tools, CDNs, etc.)
- Load Balancing
- Public and private cloud infrastructure and concepts
- Databases (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016
High-level skills in:
- Common network protocols and services (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DNS, etc.)
- Network routing and firewalls.
- Storage protocols (Fiber Channel, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, iSCSI)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016
- Monitoring software with SolarWinds
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.