Leidos currently has an opening for a Software System Architect, Senior. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards
- Develop formal project charters.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor.
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans of the tasks required to execute the project.
- Develop Project Schedules that are deliverables-based and accurately depict the work to be performed
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule, and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated.
- Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan, and communicate status
- Assess variances from the project plan, and develop changes to ensure project remains within scope
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Notify all affected groups of approved change orders.
- Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development activities, and schedule, and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Make and use measurements to determine the status of planning, tracking, and oversight activities.
- Extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture, as well as the ability to identify strategies for addressing requirements.
- Experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
- Extensive experience in taking program requirements and creating an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
- Experience creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project, with responsibility for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels.
- Experience overseeing a development team, managing the full life cycle of the software development process, as well as establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- Master’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required plus 10 years of experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Federal Contract Requirement.
- DevOps experience
- Agile Program Management experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.