Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
As part of the Leidos Business Development Team, the successful candidate will report to the Leidos Business Development Director for UK & Europe and have a dotted line to the Vice President, Civil Division. You will balance our in year drive to hit Awards targets, qualifying the right pursuits with the highest chance of winning with the longer term pipeline development to meet our strategic Civil Division goals.
You will be capable of leading and executing significant new business campaigns in the UK Civil Division market. Operating effectively within a multi-functional team, you will be an effective leader and communicator and have a background in/understanding of Government, Transport and Energy clients, the market place and their requirements.
You will manage, motivate and develop the team to ensure effective, efficient development of customer relationships and secure new business against agreed targets.
The successful candidate will have:
- an excellent and thorough understanding of the UK Government, Transport and Energy markets
- existing relationships that are used to continuously develop their understanding of the markets
- proven experience of successfully driving business growth year on year
- demonstrable experience of success in leading and winning contracts valued in excess of £25m
- extensive knowledge of Government business development, contract awards, current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviours
- deep understanding of UK procurement models and intimacy with associated capture procedures within large Blue Chip supplier base
- the ability to advise and influence senior management in relation to approaches and concepts on highly complex/sensitive/political issues relating to Civil clients
- experienced people manager, adept at developing, coaching and motivating a team to success
- knowledge and experience of selling and designing large scale business case offerings into Government in the UK
- worked in an organisation which delivers policy, strategy, business solutions and a proven depth of experience in pursuing and winning new business
- excellent inter-personal, presentation and verbal skills
- extensive experience in managing a team of business development professionals
- tenacity and energy to maintain the momentum of multiple and concurrent bids across the Division;
- proven experience of collaboratively creating compelling winning bids
- Developing and maintaining a strategic perspective on Business Development and Civil Division and maintaining strategic customer relationships
- Drive a competitive awareness culture to monitor external opportunities
- Develop effective business cases and strategic partner relationships to create and implement technology development plans
- Participate in speaking engagements, briefings, and thought leadership activities representing Leidos
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)