Leidos has a current opening for an Information Operations (IO) Planner.
Provide subject matter expertise in Information Operations (IO) Planning, Military Information Support Operations (MISO), Electronic Warfare (EW), Offensive Cyberspace Operations, Military Deception (MILDEC), Special Technical Operations (STO), Interagency coordination, and non-lethal targeting for an operational level Marine Corps component command.
Provide full understanding and experience of IO for the development of contingency, joint, bi-lateral and multi-lateral plans; attend joint, bi-lateral, multi-lateral and coalition planning conferences/working groups.
Support the development of Component supporting plans to Combatant Command OPLANs and CONPLANs; ensure that all operational plans reflect IO equities.
Assist with MARCENT staff reviews of USCENTCOM planning products and generate responses to USCENTCOM for MARCENT submission.
Attend USCENTCOM conferences, MARCENT working groups, Battle Rhythm events, and provide conference summary reports and presentations to MARCENT personnel.
Provide IPRs on planning efforts to the MARCENT Commander and MARCENT staff, as required.
Assist in the development of assessments, briefs, information papers, and standard naval messages.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of relevant experience-
- Current US Passport and ability to travel overseas on short notice
- Command and Staff College complete
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a MARFOR and/or Combatant Command level staff with operational level Information Operations planning experience
- Completion of relevant courses or equivalent on the job training (OJT), to include:
- - Intermediate Marine Corps Information Operations Planners Course (IMIOPC)
- - Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO) Operators Course
- - IJSTO Planners Course
- - Joint Operational Planners (JOP) Course
- - Joint or service equivalent MILDEC course
- - Joint or service EW course
- - Joint or service Cyberspace Planning Course
- - Joint or service MISO Planning Course
- A thorough understanding of “Componency” as it relates to the inter-relationships between MARCENT, CENTCOM and the HQMC staffs
- Working knowledge of the complex interrelationships between Middle Eastern states, religions, and ethnic groups
- Ability to interact with Colonels and Lieutenant Colonels at a peer level in order to advise and assist them with daily staff functions; and ability and comfort to brief at the executive level (3-4 star)
- Advanced Marine Corps Information Operations Course (AMIOPC)
- Master’s Degree and 20 years of relevant experience
- Retired or Reserve USMC Lieutenant Colonel or Colonel
- Graduate from USMC or equivalent planners’ course (SAW, SAMS, SAAS, MAWS, JAWS) or Top-Level School Complete (War College)
- Service on either USCENTCOM or MARCENT staff
- In-depth understanding of USCENTCOM’s OPLANs and CONPLANs (to include compartmentalized plans, bi-lateral and multi-lateral planning efforts)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.