Leidos has an immediate career opportunity for a Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO)/RF Engineer with vast knowledge in Tactical Data Link (TDL), Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) development, and the Joint Data Network (JDN) in support of the 526th Intelligence Squadron (526 IS) at Nellis AFB, NV. Candidates must already possess a TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered.
Position is responsible to perform a variety of assignments associated with systems administration and management including installing, configuring, monitoring and controlling computing environments. This position will also continue an ongoing effort that has supported the 526 IS in communications systems capabilities and technologies (including data link connectivity, Joint Interface Control (JIC), operational management, and data link operations). As a JICO, you will define and refine baseline operational architectures, network design, and promote integration of emerging technologies. Travel is unlikely, but possible.
- Provide expertise of programs focused on command and control (C2) systems primarily in support of TDL
- Recommend and provide training on TTPs
- Provide configuration management, application implementation, upgrades, software and operating system patches, antivirus updates, and data backup/restoration for all TDL and C4ISR systems
- Conduct gap analysis on current data link architectures and offer solutions towards improvements
- Provide basic and advance Link-16 systems and tactics training to exercise participants and 526 IS personnel
- Operate and maintain a multitude of C2 systems including JRE, MSCS, ADSI, BOSS, SADL, MIDS, LVT-2 and PRC-117F/G radios and all other systems/software associated with tactical data networks
- Operate and maintain TDL network monitoring software
- Track all work in designated systems (such as Remedy or Serena), ensure completeness and accuracy of tickets; escalate issues as needed
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with desktops, laptops, printers, digital senders, video teleconferences, VOIPs, and other standard office equipment; will also need to operate & maintain servers and storage devices
- Setup, troubleshoot, and understand the VMware vSphere 6.0 and up (VMware VCP)
- Perform Windows 10 systems administration including performance tuning, system availability, capacity planning, provisioning, and security.
- Administer systems/environment solutions for multiple projects and services
- Deploy, setup, and maintain customer-furnished computer systems.
- Set up, administer, and service user accounts across multiple networks and client environments
- Provide service to end-users for operation, restoration, and configuration of information systems
- Establish and update procedures and documentation
- Ensure rigorous application of information security and assurance policies in the delivery of C4ISR services.
- Perform configuration management and provide Automated Data Processing (ADP) equipment upgrade recommendations
- Perform COMSEC user duties in accordance with national and DoD directives
- Setup and operate Taclane (KG-175D, KG-175F, KG-175G)
- Participate in special projects, as required
- Occasional shift work will be required to support exercises
- TS/SCI security clearance on day 1.
- CompTIA Sec+ CE certification or higher
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field. (Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
- 8 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) within the Air Force or equivalent service
- Expertise in Joint Data Network
- At least 3 years’ experience in COMSEC (accounting for and handling COMSEC items and materials)
- At least 2 years’ experience of VMWare vSphere administration
- Expertise in one or more areas of IT, such as Microsoft OS administration (Windows 10, Server 2012, etc.), Sun Solaris (UNIX) administration, ASA/firewall administration, Cisco IOS (CLI) and NetIQ Directory and Resource Administration (DRA)
- Proven skills in systems repair, troubleshooting, deployment and liquidation
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
- Experience in data cabling and computer facilities maintenance
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, email, SSL, OSI model and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers and management
- Must be willing and able to lift 50 pounds.
- DoD 8570 certification for IA Management Level II / IA Technical Level III; CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Military C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communication, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) experience
- Certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA R&S), CompTIA A+ and Network +
- Knowledge of weapons systems, sensors, and major aircraft programs
- Familiarity with Falconer Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) operations and systems environment.
- Familiarity with AF Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) Sentinel
- VMWare Certified Professional Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.