Leidos is looking for a Junior Systems Integration Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will provide lifecycle support activities including high-level requirements gathering, systems design input, and/or end-to-end system integration and deployment. He/she will perform tasks to maintain and improve internal functionality, enhance performance with internal and external systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. The ideal candidate will have a solid system administration background and excellent communication skills and be knowledgeable regarding current automation technologies. He/she will participate in technical planning, system design and integration activities, and risk evaluation, and will perform racking and cabling, manually configuring devices, deployment of developed software, vendor firmware, COTS, and FOSS installations and updates when required.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will support system integration engineering of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with other technical professionals, including system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will support Linux and Windows-based components within a large, high-performance computing system and will perform troubleshooting to resolve hardware or software-related system behavior errors including examining packet captures at a low level and analyzing event/audit logs to identify errors and determine root causes. The selected candidate will provide support for development and production systems, perform ad-hoc tasking which may include applying software builds, updating application versions, applying security patches, and/or changing configuration settings, and will also provide occasional support for deployment activities, software installation, and external hardware/software installations. The selected candidate will work with internal Team Leads to identify acceptable outage windows, update documentation used in the deployment and management of the system, and support the development of system configuration documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 2 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Experience troubleshooting IT systems and networks
- Linux system administration experience required
- Virtualization experience required via any industry standard hypervisor and/or experience deploying application software including application servers
- Must be able to adapt to working on multiple infrastructure networks simultaneously to support multiple systems in various stages of manufacturing and debugging
- Must have experience with or be familiar with system analysis, risk analysis, and/or vulnerability assessments
- Must be capable of working with others in developing creative solutions to issues that arise on the fly and ensuring they are tracked and included in the Development, Integration, and Production environments before systems deployment
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment
- Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be able to occasionally work extended hours to support uptimes on production systems for mission critical national security level programs with high levels of visibility
- Must possess a clearance with a TS/SCI with Poly
- Systems-of-systems integration and development experience
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and/or Server Core administration experience
- Wireshark Experience or familiarity, with a focus on low level IP operations
- Experience with one or more of the following: Microsoft MDT, VMWare 6.7, Centos & Redhat 7.3, SALT, Puppet, CHEF, or Ansible
- Experience with iSCSI and Flash SANs
- Solarwinds usage and deployment experience
- Familiarity with firewalls, Load Balancers, NIDS, NAT, PAT, VPC and complex ACLs on architectures including Cisco Nexus and Cisco Catalyst lines
- Knowledge of PKI systems which use HSMs
- Experience with ArcSight Security Analysis
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.