Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will be responsible for server/router/firewall configuration and security management of an environment that includes networking equipment from several different manufacturers, as well as Windows/Linux servers, databases, VMware and security hardware & software. The network includes local and geographically dispersed LAN enclaves connected by WAN links. The selected individual will be part of a team that builds, maintains, troubleshoots, and develops enhancements for a large, complex set of geographically disperse Information Technology (IT) systems. He/she will plan and design network components/configurations to ensure that resources (hardware/software) are in place to enable the team to monitor and manage the IT system infrastructure and all processes and components related to these systems (both hardware and software). He/she will engineer solutions for expanding capacity, improving response time, and streamlining network operations throughout the internal and operational systems and will monitor and analyze mission critical networks and servers, and set up, manage, and maintain security management and application performance optimization functions across internal and customer systems.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing network administration support for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the enterprise network environment.
- Providing enterprise LAN support, working closely with the IT service provider teams to ensure customer requirements are considered and supported by the evolving LAN/WAN architecture.
- Planning, designing, and implementing IT enhancements to include configuring servers, clients, storage devices, and network components.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues on servers, clients, and networks.
- Providing analysis on existing network and server configurations and developing plans for system enhancements.
- Examining system data and implementing enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Planning and managing system installs and upgrades for networks and servers (hardware and software).
- Proposing, designing, testing, and installing capabilities that are new to the environment.
- Assessing the impact of system changes to the team and to the infrastructure.
- Developing detailed plans for network and system upgrades and enhancements.
- Providing written and in-person status reports to senior leadership.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of technical data such as rack elevations, installation instructions, and other as built designs.
- Contributing to the development and quality assurance of network and system CDRLs when necessary.
- Providing technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field and at least 8 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree and at least 6 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience providing analysis, root cause diagnosis, and trouble-shooting for routers and firewalls.
- Must have experience with Linux and/or Windows and Cisco Systems.
- Must have experience with various vendor networking products (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.).
- Must have experience providing direct assistance to users.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous in their work.
- Must possess excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be able to support limited instances of providing after-hours support for network administration, operations, and maintenance problems.
- Must possess a clearance with a TS/SCI with Poly
- KG-175 and/or KG250 configuration and deployment experience.
- Solarwinds, or other similar network monitoring application, configuration and monitoring experience.
- VMWare 6 or higher usage and network configuration experience.
- Experience with any or all of the following vendor’s network technologies: Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA, PaloAlto, Juniper, McAfee.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.