- Responsible for multiple project tasks, demonstrating effective time management and problem resolution.
- Organizes, directs and coordinates staff performing complex and challenging logistical activities.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of budgeting processes.
- Ensures that schedules and deliverables are timely, complete and accurate.
- Develops solutions to problems and issues by thorough analyses and understanding of all Program requirements.
- Leads and manages the work of project members, which has significant impact on Program scheduling and costs.
- Develops solutions that are highly innovative and achieved through an extensive knowledge of the Program and research of best practices.
- The candidate will be expected to also, draw on past education and experience to present solutions.
- Candidate will work in coordination with Program Manager to manage warehousing operations with an emphasis on analyzing and improving workflow and warehouse processes.
- The candidate will be responsible for the shipping of Program products, meeting time sensitive deadlines using various methods and carriers.
- Candidate will provide financial supply chain support and tracking to provide forecasting, budgetary recommendations tracking of order placement through receipt of equipment/supplies.
- Candidate will identify, track and report to Program management all risks based on an intimate knowledge of Program pre and post mission requirements.
- Candidate will assist with inspecting and evaluating GFE for serviceability and reliability and report on life cycle usage and management.
- May also serve as a Technical resource on a task.
- Candidate must be able to respond rapidly to direction from Program Manager and Client in the performance of their assigned duties and communicate effectively throughout the operation of the team.
- Candidate must possess strong customer focus; will work closely with the established Customer POC(s) to ensure effective and efficient performance from staff and supplied equipment.
Candidate will be in charge of managing warehousing operations, to include but not limited to:
- Establishing SOPs for team workflow,
- Conduct inspections, maintenance and preparation of GFE,
- Research and identify equipment upgrades,
- Coordinate shipping to and from established destinations, based on Project and POC direction.
- Candidate will be required to demonstrate organizational skills and accurate records keeping, to make last minute adjustments in order to meet project timelines and adhoc requests from the client.
- Candidate may be required to conduct site surveys, make recommendations for equipment usage, capture notes from Client meetings, and formulate deployment plans for client deliverables.
- Prepare reports and documents including but not limited to the following; Equipment Inventory Log, Maintenance and Equipment repair Logs, After Action and Lessons-Learned Reports, Status Reports, Operating Procedures, Sample Collection Logs and equipment placement diagrams.
- Work schedule will fluctuate to accommodate the needs of the customer. The candidate will be working in a dynamic environment analyzing new requirements and developing solutions for small, short-term projects.
- Candidate can expect to be scheduled for weekends and holidays and may be required to travel up to 10% of the time and perform the responsibility of the Lead on temporary deployments (2-3 day CONUS efforts) working independently performing collection, initial processing, and packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media at various locations.
- Candidate will need to work with minimal supervision, as mistakes would cause significant program setbacks.
- Because of the possibility of travel, the following requirements must be met:
Applicant MUST be flexible and willing to work additional hours and travel within the United States on short notice working directly with the customer.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive up to 500 miles during day and night time hours.
Must be able to fly for minimum up to 6 hours without layover.
Must possess a REAL ID (compliant ID); and/or a U.S. passport or passport card.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in small, enclosed spaces as well as outdoor rooftops in commercial and residential facilities or in manholes.
- Ability to ascend/descend fixed ladders up to 24’ in height potentially requiring equipment to be carried up ladders.
- Ability to ascend/descent five levels of stairs without stopping within 2 minutes potentially requiring equipment to be carried up stairwells.
- Ability to work at elevated surface at heights of up to 40 stories for periods up to 30 minutes.
- Ability to walk up to one mile without stopping on uneven terrain in under 20 min.
- Ability to work in small, enclosed spaces for up to 40 minutes.
- Ability to bend at waist, kneeling and or squatting for up to 30 seconds at a time with minimum recovery time.
- Ability to lift heavy (approx. 160 lbs. as a two-person lift) equipment in and out of vehicles (approx. 32 inches high).
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently. S/He must be able to follow written and oral instructions to carrying out tasks safely with minimal supervision and oversight.
- B.S. degree in a business, scientific, or discipline plus 4-8 years’ experience in related field
- Final SECRET Clearance
- HAZMAT Certification
- Knowledge in the operation of automated sample collection systems, field test methods, collection of field data, and have working knowledge of mechanical principles relative to the maintenance of sampling equipment.
- Knowledge of sampling methods and quality assurance procedures.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.