The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Rancho Bernardo office in San Diego, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience to develop, introduce, and produce advanced nuclear detection and radiography safety equipment for law enforcement and interdiction personnel. Emphasis is on new product development and introduction with mechanical and tooling specialization.
- Develop assembly, integration, and test processes and procedures for the manufacture of Radiation Detection and Radiographic Imaging products for federal government customers. Establish test, serialization, and traceability data requirements.
- Collaborate in engineering product development and test activities. Represent manufacturing disciplines to assure the manufacturability and supportability of transitioning products. Reliability and logistics background is a plus.
- Use judgment to perform technical troubleshooting and diagnosis of failed equipment and support root cause analysis.
- Participate in material review board; develop rework and repair instructions; support supplier development; propose engineering changes. Confer with design, production, and supply chain personnel to resolve issues.
- Perform data analysis and write technical reports.
- BS and 5+ years of relevant manufacturing experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior experience.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Solidworks mechanical modeling and drafting and Solidworks PDM. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and solid models, specifications, checklists, and work instructions.
- Experience reviewing and documenting technical data packages for military products
- Entrepreneurial approach to roles and responsibilities. Job Shop to Discrete manufacturing environment with inconsistent maturity of work product transitioning into the production line.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques including 3d printing
- Optics design and packaging experience
- Injection molding design experience
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint or similar MRP/ERP integrated accounting and materials management system desired.
- Federal Radiation Worker
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.