Leidos currently has an opening for a Facilities Project Manager. This position will support the critical infrastructure associated with the VA data center located in Austin, TX. and is required to be on site. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission in supporting the mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO).
Must have prior experience in supporting the facilities infrastructure (electrical, cooling, etc.) of a large data center, as well as a working knowledge of the IT equipment within the data center.
- Construction site experience; familiar with national and local codes.
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards.
- Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for internal, Facilities Project Management.
- Develop formal project charters and assist the VA in developing project packages, including market research, statement of work (SOW) and performance work statement (PWS).
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule and recommend ways to resolve.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Apprise management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
- Assess variances from the project plan and develop recommendations as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with VA Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Act as an IT SME for the DCO Engineering group.
- Produce high quality technical documents (technical writing skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience. 18 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen Federal Government requirement
- Experience supporting critical infrastructure – power, cooling, etc. – directly related to data centers.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience, including hiring/firing, conducting performance reviews, coaching/counseling direct reports, mentoring.
- Solid understanding of various IT equipment and purpose.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent customer service and interaction skills.
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to climb and balance (stairs, ladders, scaffolds, etc.).
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust/focus.
- PMP certification
- IT architecture and operations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.